Insight Yoga - Earth DVD
Mingling Heaven and Earth: Balancing Yin Energy
Insight Yoga recognizes that our health and vitality depends on a free flow of energy in both our lower body, the earthly \'yin\' region, and our upper body, the heavenly \'yang\' region.
The practices on this DVD cultivate a balance of these two vital forces by enhancing the Earthly grounding aspects of our nature, using a combination of yoga movement, held postures and skilfully guided meditations.
DVD highlights include:
- Practice overview (9 min): A short presentation on the principles of Insight yoga with further details about each practice on this DVD.
- Practice 1: Grounding down (55 min): A series of standing and balancing poses that encourage lower-body groundedness, followed by fluid movements to decongest stagnancy in the back and shoulders. This practice helps maintain a healthy spine.
- Practice 2: Spiraling the universal chi down and In (31 min): Seated twists and core strengtheners that increase circulation along the spine and abdomen.
- Shamata meditation (20 min): A breath-focused meditation to develop a relaxed and stable quality of non-distracted attention that cultivates ease of being.
- Vipassana meditation (18 min): A mindfulness practice to disengage from the habits of mental reactivity and develop an alert, inquisitive attitude leading to insight.
Audience: beginning to intermediate students
Style: standing and supine postures, movementh, breath
Intensity: moderate physical exercises and meditation
props: yoga mat and cushion or chair for meditation
About Sarah Powers:
Sarah Powers interweaves the insights and practices of yoga and buddhism into an integral practice to enliven the body, heart and mind. Her yoga blends both a yin style of long held poses combined with a flowing yang practice influenced by viniyoga, ashtanga and alignment based teachings.
Run time: 135 min, English spoken and English subtitles.