The average person has 12,000 thoughts per day—most of them a recurring handful of unwelcome distractions. On Still the Mind, master meditation teacher Bodhipaksa offers an essential program for anyone looking to move beyond the chatter of a too-busy mind, while laying the foundation for a daily meditation practice.
These instructions and guided sitting sessions will help you discover the breath as an untapped source of mental clarity and inner peace, as you transcend the hectic demands of everyday life and learn to settle into the deepest parts of yourself. Bodhipaksa’s gentle teaching style and straightforward delivery take the mystery out of meditation. His step-by-step instruction will help you to cultivate your own daily practice right in the middle of your busy life, as you explore:
- The 1-2-3’s of sitting practice, from the best times to meditate to what you can expect in your first few days, weeks, and months
- How to evolve a spontaneous and self-motivating practice that is both joyful and empowering
- Using the breath as a natural gateway to your inherent wisdom and clarity
- How to channel your new-found mindfulness into your relationships, career, and creative pursuits
Whether you’re a first-timer or a seasoned meditator, Still the Mind gives you easy access to greater self-awareness and self-confidence, increased calm in any situation, and harmony within and without.
About Still the Mind
- 2 CDs
- total time: 2 hrs 22 minutes
Bodhipaksa was born Graeme Stephen in Scotland, and currently lives and teaches in New Hampshire. He is a Buddhist teacher and author who has been practicing within the Friends of the Western Buddhist Order since 1982, and has been a member of the Western Buddhist Order since 1993. He runs the online meditation center WildMind.org, whose mission is to increase awareness of the positive effects of meditation.