Yoga mat properties
- 2.95 kg
- 66 cm Wide x 180 cm Long x 5 mm Thick
- Offers unparalleled wet grip to perform even in the sweatiest of conditions
- Most durable natural rubber yoga mat on the market
- Made from biodegradable, non-Amazon harvested, natural tree rubber
- Developed over 4 years by yoga teachers
- Designed to provide the ultimate combination of cushion and grip
- An eco-yoga mat with no PVC or toxic plasticizers
- 99% latex free, and safe to use for most people with latex sensitivities
- All post-industrial scrap is thoughtfully collected and utilized in the production of other materials creating a zero waste manufacturing process
- For further details, please feel free to visit our FAQ page
- Tri Layer Technology for optimal combination of grip, durability and slip-resistance.
- Grip & Durability (Top Layer): ‘Rippled water’ surface texture is naturally grippy; the sealed-cell surface keeps out moisture (sweat) from seeping into the mat and breeding bacteria for better durability.
- Dual Function Cushion (Bottom Layer): Thicker, bottom layer provides lightweight cushion and excellent loft and recovery for your practice!
- Stretch-resistant Scrim (Center): Stretch-resistant scrim binds the unique layers together using a heating process which eliminates the need for toxic glues.
- Natural & Earth Loving: Eco-friendly yoga mat is made from biodegradable, non-Amazon harvested, and natural tree rubber with non-toxic foaming agents and non-azo dyes.
Use and Care
- To Clean: We recommend using Manduka Mat Wash or a diluted organic cider vinegar wash (50/50) and a damp cloth or sponge. It is recommended that you DO NOT put eKO™ natural rubber yoga mats in the washing machine as it will encourage the material to break down (biodegrade).
- To Store: Do not leave the mat exposed to excessive amounts of sunlight. If wet, allow the mat to dry before rolling up.
The eKO Yoga Mat is a natural yoga mat made from sustainably harvested tree rubber. Unlike other rubber mats available today, the foaming agents used to create the eKO are non-toxic. What this means is that no toxic chemicals have gone into the manufacturing process to soften rubber; when the eKO mat is disposed of and biodegrades, it will not leave behind a toxic residue. Additionally, instead of using synthetic polyester for reinforcement, we have chosen to use a blend of polyester and natural cotton. According to both customer feedback and published yoga mat reviews, the eKO Mat is a high performance mat that is also good for the environment.