Mingling Heaven and Earth: Balancing Yang Energy
Insight Yoga recognizes that our health and vitality depends on a free flow of energy in both our lower body, the earthly 'yin' region, and our upper body, the heavenly 'yang' region.
The practices on this DVD cultivate a balance of these two vital forces by enhancing the Earthly grounding aspects of our nature, using a combination of yoga movement, held postures and skilfully guided meditations.
Highlights Insight Yoga Heaven
- Practice overview A short presentation on the principles of insight yoga with further details about each practice on this DVD. (9 min)
- Practice 1 A series of of upper body poses, inversions and yin backbends, with breath exercises and visualizations to strengthen the lungs and increase overall circulation and vitality in the body. (65 min)
- Practice 2 A series of yin and yang postures practiced on our backs, nourishing the spine, hips and abdomen. (45 min)
- Karuna meditation A guided compassion meditation in which we use our mental and emotional obstacles as opportunities for developing kindness and sensitivity toward our vulnerabilities as well as an empathic connection with others. (16 min)
- Bonus MP3s for portable practice
Features Insight Yoga Heaven
- Audience: beginning to intermediate students
- Style: standing and supine postures, movement, breath
- Intensity: moderate physical exercises and meditation
- Props: yoga mat and cushion or chair for meditation
- 1 DVD
- Run Time 136 minutes
- English spoken and English Subtitles
About Sarah Powers
Sarah Powers interweaves the insights and practices of yoga and buddhism into an integral practice to enliven the body, heart and mind. Her yoga blends both a yin style of long held poses combined with a flowing yang practice influenced by viniyoga, ashtanga and alignment based teachings.