A crescent meditation cushion is very comfortable who sit in crossed legged pose with relative ease. The front of the pillow is a little lower than the back wich causes the pelvis to tilt slightly so you can easily sit upright long time without getting tired. The sidse of this meditation cushion provide additional support for the thighs the thighs which makes sitting on it very comfortable, even for long periods of time.
This crescent meditation cushion is made of a very solid unbleached organic cotton canvas and is filled with organic buckwheat hull. Buckwheat hull is a byproduct or buckwheat (for consumption), an extremely durable and lightweight material that provides perfect seat support. It has been used for centuries for filling meditation cushions, for example in the Zen tradition.
The cover has a strong zipper neatly hidden under the carrystrap on the side. This allows you to remove the filling a little bit so you can the crescent meditation cushion to the height that suits you best. Do you sit cross-legged at ease? Then it's recommended to lower the cushion a bit. Is the crossed-legged position uncomfortable for you? Then turn the meditation cushion on its side, and sit in 'seiza', with your knees on either side forward and your feet flat back.
Did you accidentally discard too much of the filling? Or did your meditation cushion be come a bit flatter over the years? You can add some extra buckwheat hull, or a little rice, that works just fine too. This crescent meditation cushion can be combined into a beautiful eko meditation set with the traditional Zen meditation mat (Zabuton), also made of organic cotton.
Crescent Meditation Cushion Features
- cover 100% cotton
- filled with 100% organic buckwheat hull
- indestructible canvas cover with sturdy zipper
- wide carry strap
- adjustable height
- machine washable at low temperature
- the pillow is filled tightly, and you can remove some filling for your ideal height.
- use ' horizontally ' for cross-legged or lotus
- use ' vertically ' for seiza (sitting with knees forward and feet backward)
Use and Care
- If you remove all the stuffing then the outer cover is machine washable at low temperatures. Wash with similar colors and it is better to not put it in the dryer.
- Protect the meditation cushion against moisture.
- The pillow is filled tightly, but if your meditation cushion flattens a bit in the course of time than you can easily refill the meditation cushion , for example with some uncooked rice.