White meditation cushion from unbleached Eko Cotton with warm grey embroidered mantra; Om Mani Padme Hum, the most recited mantra in Tibetan Buddhism. It is an invocation invocation of the bodhisattva Avalokitesvara, the Jewel-Lotus.
This round meditation cushion (or Zen zafu) is made of a very strong organic cotton canvas and is filled with organic buckwheat hull. Buckwheat hull is a byproduct or buckwheat (for consumption), an extremely durable and lightweight material that provides perfect seat support. It has been used for centuries for filling meditation cushions, for example in the Zen tradition.
This meditation cushion is unique is not just for the indestructible canvas cover and extra wide carry strap, but especially for the zipper with which the outer cover of the cushion can be removed; unlike almost all other meditation cushions, the Love Generation meditation cushions have a strong zipper all the way around the bottom, in a circle. This allows you to open the outer cover all the way like a case, and remove the inner cushion with great ease. We can assure you it saves a lot of hassle when you want to wash the outer case. The tab of the zipper is neatly and safely tucked away behind the carry strap.
The inner casing also has a zipper, but across. The inner cushion can be adjusted in height by removing the filling a little bit. That way you can always set the height that suits you best. Do you sit cross legged at ease? Then it's recommended to lower the cushion a bit. Is the crossed-legged position uncomfortable for you? Then turn the meditation cushion on its side, and sit in ‘seiza', with your knees on either side forward and your feet flat back.
Did you accidentally discard too much of the filling? Or did your meditation cushion become a bit flatter over the years? You can add some extra buckwheat hull, or some uncooked rice to heighten your meditation cushion again.
This meditation cushion can be combined into a beautiful meditation set with the matching meditation mat.
Meditation Cushion Features
- inner and outer casing 100% certified organic cotton
- filled with 100% organic buckwheathull
- durable canvas outer cover with zipper all the way around bottom
- unbleached cotton inner casing with side zipper
- wide carrystrap
- adjustable height
- outer cover machine washable at low temperature
- the cushion is filled tightly, and you can remove filling for your ideal height .
- use 'horizontally' for cross-legged or lotus position
- use 'vertically' for seiza (sitting with knees forward and feet backward)
- suitable for all styles of sitting meditation and mindfulness
- 30 cm diameter
- +/-15 cm high, by changes in the filling is height adjustable
- Weight: +/-2.2 kg
Use and Care
- The outer cover of this meditation cushion is easily removable by the zipper around the bottom. The cover is machine washable at low temperatures. Wash with similar colors and better not put it in the dryer.
- Please take care to protect the inner cushion from moisture.
- The inner cushion has a zipper, so you take get some filling out, or add some extra. The pillow is filled tightly, but if your meditation cushion flattens a bit in the course of time than you can easily refill the meditation cushion , for example with some uncooked rice.