This is the most user-friendly Asthanga yoga practice manual available! It contains the entire Primary and Intermediate series of Ashtanga Yoga with three options for every asana. It is spiral bound to easily remain open while practicing. It contains over 650 photos with clear instructions and commentary. It is a great book for all levels of practitioners to enjoy and teachers will find it to be an invaluable tool for teaching their students.
About the Asthanga Practice Manual
- Clear descriptions and photo's of every posture
- Detailed expanation of all postures, drishtis and breath
- Clear descriptions of alternatives for beginners
- Ring and hardcover, easy to put down on the floor during practice
- Foto overviews of the Standing Series, Primary Series, Intermediate Series, Finishing Sequence and three ‘Short Forms’ of 15, 30, en 45 minutes.
- Inspiring quotes and background information about Yoga.
- English, 162 pages, Hardcover
About David Swenson
David Swenson began the practice of yoga in 1969 at the age of 13. He found Ashtanga in 1973 through David Williams. In 1974 K. Pattabhi Jois made his first trip to the US and David began studies directly with him at that time. He then traveled to Mysore, India in 1977 and learned the entire system in it's original form. David is recognized today as one of the foremost authorities of Ashtanga Yoga.